The Grid+Storage project is now over, but R&I road-mapping for the energy system continues with the Intensys4EU Coordination and... Read more
Nine regional knowledge sharing workshops are being organised by the Grid+Storage project, each covering smart transmission and distribution grids, and integration of energy storage solutions.
The purpose is to foster networking and exchange of experiences between projects being carried out both at EU and national or regional levels.
These workshops are organised in collaboration with the ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus initiative.
WS9: Workshop 9 (Ireland, UK)
Owing to the large number of participants and the high level of interest in this topic, we have decided to start the conference 30 minutes earlier, to allow more time for discussion at the end.
The ninth and last Grid+Storage regional workshop will be held in London (United Kingdom) on 15 March 2016 with the support of the ERA-Net Smart Grid Plus initiative.
This ninth workshop, addressing Ireland and UK is a unique opportunity to interact with network operators and energy storage stakeholders about the scope and contents of the future Research and Innovation roadmap about energy storage integration in the future electricity networks.
All stakeholders involved in R&I activities about smart grids and energy storage integration in the power system are invited to attend this workshop. National R&I projects representatives will be invited to join a labelling process where the European added value of their activities will be identified jointly by the ERA-Net Smart Grid Plus and Grid+Storage teams.
Several smart grids and energy storage projects from ireland and UK will be presented.
Three interactive sessions will be held to discuss with the audience and with ENTSO-E, EDSO and EASE representatives about the lessons learnt by the projects presented and the future research and innovation topics to better integrate energy storage into the power system.
The workshop will be held at:
The Royal Academy of Engineering
3 Carlton House Terrace
The Royal Academy of Engineering is located here. To reach the venue, you will need to take the London underground to either Piccadilly Circus or Charing Cross stations and then walk towards St James’ Park.
Registration is free but mandatory. Limited number of seats: registrations based on first-come-first-served.
AGENDA OF THE WORKSHOP!
Registered participants: Download
Outcomes of the workshop:
- (1.26 MB) 2. Introduction To The Activities Of The Grid Storage Project Eric Peirano, Grid Storage Project Manager, Technofi.pdf
- (3.36 MB) 3. Domestic & Grid Storage In Wpd Faithful Chanda & Mark Dale, Western Power Distribution.pdf
- (1.01 MB) 4. Lessons From Res Energy Storage Projects In Operations And Construction Dr. John Prendergast, Res.pdf
- (3 MB) 5. Smarter Network Storage Results From The First Uk Grid Scale Multi Purpose Application Of Battery Storage Dr. Panagiotis Papadopoulos, Uk Power Networks.pdf
- (1.64 MB) 6. Platform Expansion From The Uk’S Largest Battery Storage Array Dominique Laurent, Aes.pdf
- (1.83 MB) 7. Eir Grid Investigates Storage Technologies Alan Kennedy, Eir.pdf
- (2.2 MB) 8. The Smart Grid Knowledge Sharing Platform Daniel Hernandez Maldonado, Consultant, Technofi.pdf
- (3.11 MB) 9. Integration And Control Of Energy Storage In Distribution Networks Simulation, Experimentation And Deployment Prof. Phil Taylor, Newcastle University.pdf
- (10.1 MB) 10 Maslow Uk Case Studies On Large Scale Pilots Of Residential Energy Storage And Aggregate Vpp Grid Services Simon Daniel Moixa Energy Holdings.pdf
- (1.85 MB) 11. Could Electric Heaters Be Europe’S Cheapest Storage Option Gerard Finneran, Glen Dimplex.pdf
- (1.48 MB) 12. Grid Scale Liquid Air Energy Storage Dr. Gareth Brett, Highview Power.pdf
- (364 KB) 13. Storage A System Operator Perspective Dr. Cathy Mc Clay, National Grid.pdf
- (611 KB) 14. The Business Case For Energy Storage David Sanders, Carbon Trust.pdf
- (2.26 MB) 15. Virtual Storage Multi Energy Systems Prof Mark O’Malley, Ucd.pdf
- (30 MB) Presentations London Grid Storage.zip
- (1.36 MB) Grid Storage D4 1 London Minutes.pdf